Tuesday, August 17, 2010

This week, I read the next part of "The Red Pyramid". It was very exciting. The one part that really surprised me was when Sadie's cat "Muffin" transformed into Bast*, a goddess with the head of a cat. Bast fought some serpent-like kind of monsters inside of a museum who were trying to kill Carter and Sadie. Meanwhile, Carter and Sadie met a girl named Zia who just appeared in the museum which I think is just plain odd. Zia is a magician who can do all kinds of tricks, like opening locked doors. I think that Zia and Bast will help Carter and Sadie to stay alive, and to find their Dad. I think that the author is building a team of characters that we will see in the series.
*Bast(et) click on the link to find out more!

3 comments:

  1. Great use of links, Jack! Your summary is very exciting, indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a link to a map of the Metropolitan Museum in New York. Do you see the Egyptian exhibits?
    http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/publications/pdfs/Kids_Map_LR.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  3. DID YOU FINISH YET?!?!? I just did! Oh boy... I'm very glad you picked it. Feel free to email anytime to write back and forth about what you thought.

    ReplyDelete