Monday, June 28, 2010

This week I read chapters 7-14. A lot of exciting things happened in this part of the book. The main event that happened was wen Reuben bet Billy $2.00 that him and his dogs couldn't catch the ghost coon. The ghost coon is a coon that is very wise and tricky. Billy and his dogs did not kill the coon, but Reuben's dog, and Billy's dog started to fight, Reuben's dog was losing, so Reuben tried to kill Billy's dogs with an ax, but accidentally killed himself. I think that Reuben's death was very sudden.

2 comments:

  1. I was shocked, too! How did I not remember this happening? I thought the narrator gave good hints that something bad would happen, but this seemed particularly gruesome. It made me realize how less protected childhood was in the Ozarks at that time, too. Can you imagine running around the woods with axes that sharp these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that after every discussion with you, I feel like I learned something new. Thank you for your insights and observations!
    Today, I particularly enjoyed thinking about Rubin's determination to protect his dogs, Billy's gratitude to his Grandpa, and the special teamwork of Old Dan and Little Ann. Your assignment/ memory about welcoming your sister into your family was also very important to me. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete