Saturday, June 19, 2010

Today I started reading Where the Red Fern Grows. I read chapters 1-3. In the second chapter, I had a connection: When Billy was saving up for his dogs, I thought about how I am saving up for a new baseball bat. Billy felt very eager to get his dogs, and I a feeling the same way about getting my baseball bat. After I started reading my book today, it felt like I was returning to the world of Where the Red Fern Grows in the Ozark mountains of Oklahoma all over again. The Ozark mountains run through Missouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. They are very different compared to the Cascades. The Cascades (Where i live) have volcanoes, and the Ozarks don't.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you related your experience to the character's. Two years seemed like a very long time to work and save; how long have you been saving for your baseball bat? -T

    ReplyDelete